(meteorobs) Perseid outburst prediction this year?

putmi michelvandeputte at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 6 17:01:41 EDT 2004

Perturbations on the 1 REV dust trail (material from 1862) thanks to
a close approach with Jupiter in 2003 brings the meteoroids closer
to the earth's orbit. Predicted outburst by E. Lyytinen : 11 august
2004 - 20.54 UT with a possible FWHM of 45 minutes.

http://leonid.arc.nasa.gov/index.html
http://www.metaresearch.org/solar%20system/perseid/perseids.asp

Are the other experts already busy with predictions on the 2004
Perseids ?

Long trains,

Michel.

<http://members.aol.com/kcstarguy/satoriastronomy/satoriastronomy.htm

writes:

> << Message: 3
> Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 09:43:35 -0000
> From: "putmi" <michelvandeputte at h...>
> Subject: Re: (meteorobs) Perseid outburst prediction this year?
> To: Global Meteor Observing Forum <meteorobs at m...>
>
> Hi Geert, meteorobs,
>
> Will depend on the local weather…if it is perfectly clear (I
mean
> perfectly ; no moister, hazy or other stuff) during the period 10-
15
> august. I may stay in Belgium, some where in the dark Ardennes ?
If
> not : I will travel into southern (France) or South-eastern
> directions (Southern Germany). We shall see…
> 11-12 august will be the most important night in 2004 for the
meteor
> observers. I am really looking forward to see a new enhancement of
> its activity.
> We really need some good data. This can contain a great value for
> calculating the next chances of enhanced activity after the future
> perturbations by Jupiter and or Saturn.
> For the moment I am busy with a Dutch guide for the Belgian
> association of Astronomy (VVS) about the summer showers and
> especially about the Perseids and the return of the 1 revolution
> dust trail.
>
> But first ; let's enjoy the minor eclipse of the Sun…by Venus !!
The