(meteorobs) 3 June Seattle fireball

Ed Majden epmajden at shaw.ca
Mon Jun 7 20:22:04 EDT 2004

on 6/7/04 16:59, YoungBob2 at aol.com at YoungBob2 at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 6/7/2004 4:22:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> epmajden at shaw.ca writes:
>
> <<  I know of no audio sound recordings but the
> fireball was recorded by several seismographs across Washington State.
> Scientists are using my video record to correlate with these seismic
> recordings to plot the path of the meteor and predict a fall zone. >>
>
> Ed:
>
> Sometimes Bank security cameras have mics and record audio.
>
> Clear skies,
> Bob Young

Bob:
    You might record a crack of a loud sonic boom.  To do serious sound
recording you need a very low frequency microphone like the out door types
used at some airports to monitor jet noise.  I've checked into these but I
can't find anyone to fund one at several thousand dollars each!  How about
you??? ;-)  Security camera video/audio types would also not have the time
resolution necessary to be useful.
Ed