(meteorobs) RE: Question about radiant drift

Sergey Shanov shanov-2004 at yandex.ru
Mon Jun 14 13:21:30 EDT 2004

The complexity and drift radiants, really, depends on a position of an orbit of a meteor shower. As an example, radiants of a comet 73P:
Date delta_r (AU) alpha delta Vg
May 15   0.054     209   +21 14.0
May 22   0.042     211   +25 13.2
May 31   0.054     209   +29 12.2

What before you stands the task? You know a position radiant for date? Can
be then on this radiant it is necessary to define an orbit. And already
knowing an approximate orbit it is possible to define a drift radiant. So?
What exactitude is necessary?
Sergey