(meteorobs) New meteors??

Kenneth Drake kdrako at txucom.net
Tue Jun 15 20:27:54 EDT 2004

My wife (Joy) and I had our first opportunity to sit out and
enjoy the night sky in a very long time on Friday night
(June 11). I made drawings of comets LINEAR T7 and NEAT Q4
in the 10x70 binos while Joy sat in a comfortable chair and
watched for meteors and satellites. She kept telling me that
she was seeing meteors over the house to the north. She had
seen a half dozen by the time of the Iridium flare at 10:32.
I joined her and counted 4 in the next hour. All with a
radiant near 14h 50m +72d, just south of the bowl of the
Little Dipper. Does anyone know of a shower that originates
there at this time of year? All were white and brighter than
3rd magnitude, short and fairly fast and not more than 20
degrees from the radiant.

Kenneth Drake
95 33 West
30 28 North