(meteorobs) Re: Maybe a June Bootid?

David Entwistle david at d-entwistle.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Jun 20 07:52:33 EDT 2004

In message <40D4C264.DDDF1ECB at chebucto.ns.ca>, Michael Boschat
<aa063 at chebucto.ns.ca> writes
>Hi:
>
> I detected these results below today by radio, possible early June Bootids?

Given the wide separation between the June Bootid radiant and the
radiants of the other active daylight showers (Arietids / zeta-Persieds
/ beta-Taurid), is it possible to discriminate between meteors from
opposite directions using a simple radio system?

It seems feasible. I'd suggest not using CW mode, but using SSB,
wouldn't the doppler-shift from the head be different and so the start
of the characteristic 'ping' would also be different. Anyone who
analyses the audio spectrum of radio meteors care to comment?

I don't listen myself, but may start...
--
David Entwistle