(meteorobs) Excel meteor observation entry form (was Re: zenith attraction)

Lewis J. Gramer lgramer at upstream.net
Tue Jun 22 18:40:50 EDT 2004

BTW, Marco's wonderful set of Excel spreadsheets reminded
me of a project which I have been putting off for a while
now: in 1997 and 1998, I developed an Excel spreadsheet to
allow an observer to enter the minimum basic details of an
observing session. The spreadsheet would then produce all
of the laborious calculations and lookups required for a
full IMO Visual report. (LM star counts, shower radiants,
active showers on a given date, DCVS, those big Magnitude
Distribution tables, train reports - it was all in there!
I was even adding a button to do automatic emailing...)

Unfortunately, in the process of changing jobs in 2002, I
lost my original spreadsheet! Ever since, I have meant to
be a small effort! So I have kept putting it off...

So I'll ask this group - does anyone have an old copy of
that Excel spreadsheet which I may have shared with them
at some point? Or else, do you have your own version of
an IMO Visual Report spreadsheet, that you'd be willing
to share with me, or collaborate with me on completing?

I'd love to resurrect this idea - and hopefully update
and share it, so others may be saved some drudgery, too.

I don't hold out much hope here, but it's worth asking!

Clear skies,
Lew Gramer