(meteorobs) No JBOs from North Florida

Paul Jones jonesp0854 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 23 08:19:44 EDT 2004

Greetings list,
         Well, the cloud gods actually were a little bit generous to me this morning in St. Augustine, allowing me about a 20 minute "peak near the peek", with about 40% of the northern sky clear and LMs near 5.0.  However... no JBOs or any other flavor of meteor graced the sky for me during that narrow window of opportunity.  Clouds then slammed the window shut on me.  The time was 0850 - 0910 UT.  Not really enough time or sky to say much one way or the other.  The radiant was LOW, very low from my latitude, would've taken a pretty good ZHR going on to show much I would think.  Pierre's and others reports are exciting, however, surely something must have been going on!  I'm thinking that those with higher northern latitudes will end up faring better than us southern folks will on this due to a more favorable radiant altitude.    Congrats to those more fortunate than me!

Regards, Paul in North Florida