(meteorobs) June Bootid activity

Sirko Molau sirko at molau.de
Wed Jun 23 13:47:56 EDT 2004

Folks,

last night we had clear skies in southern Germany.

My non-intensified camera Mincam1 was operated between 20:20 and 2:10 UT and
recorded 9 meteors, 7 of them being JBOs. The image-intensified camera AKM1
monitored meteor activity in a different field of view between 21:38 and 1:51
UT. It detected an overall 17 meteors, 3 June Bootids among them.

So there clearly was June-Bootod activity, though at a low level. Interesting is
the fact, that four of my five JBOs appeared in a short time interval between
23:53 and 0:13. Did anyone else observe a similar concentration around that
time?

Best regards,
Sirko

PS: For MetRec users: In the metrec.shw file, the JBOs are listed to start on
June 26, so MetRec could not automatically detect this shower unless you
modified the file beforehand. What you need to do is to change the start date to
June 16 and rerun postproc with the option -shower to recompute the shower
assignment.

--
*   Sirko Molau                 *                          *
*   Abenstalstr. 13b            *              __          *