(meteorobs) Quick June Bootid Summary

David Stine DStine at exposquare.com
Wed Jun 23 17:14:37 EDT 2004

Excellent night in Tulsa.  June Bootids were beautiful when they came
and left those that watched in awe.  We had several that were as bright
as Arcturus and 2 that came close to the brightness of Jupiter.  My tape
of the event malfunctioned but from 05UT to 07:30UT we saw 42 meteors
and I would say 80% of these were Bootids.  Dropping out of the Hercules
area toward Scorpio and from the area of Bootids north to  Ursa Major.
One went right over the top of the handle.  It was a great night.  Very
slow and lasting, some with a bluish tint to them.  I was very
impressed.

David Stine
Event Services Manager
918-744-1113 ext. 2021