(meteorobs) Fireball Recoveries?

Lewis J. Gramer lgramer at upstream.net
Wed Jun 23 17:51:52 EDT 2004

Others will be able to comment in more detail, Paul, but
here are two quick notes from me on your question:

1) Give the following page a quick read, and it may (or
   may not) give you some better ideas about whether it
   is worth trying to search for a meteorite:
    http://www.meteorobs.org/fireballs.html

2) If at all possible, ask your colleague to fill out a
   Fireball Sighting REPORT FORM on the Web, while the
   details are all fresh in his or her mind:
    http://www.namnmeteors.org/fireball/report.html

   (Or, if you're friend is an experienced astronomer,
    ask him/her to use this more detailed form instead:
    http://www.namnmeteors.org/fireball/namnreport.html )

Clear skies, and welcome to 'meteorobs'!
Lew Gramer