(meteorobs) Re: IMO Shower Circ.: June Bootids 2004

Jeremie VAUBAILLON vaubaill at imcce.fr
Mon Jun 28 03:52:18 EDT 2004

Hello you all,

A big "THANK YOU" for all the work done during this JBO period!

First of all thanks to Sergei Shanov & Sergei Dubrowskiy for having done
the first calculations and pointing out the possibility of the shower,
and to Mikiya Sato for confirming by Asher's method all the results.

Thanks you for all observers who replyied to the call for observations
and for sending their report, even if they had bad weather.

Thank you to IMO team (Rainer et al.) for reducing the data and sending
the final report.

Though it is hard to define a maximum as Rainer wrote, this
"medium-level" shower will help to improve models. We have Leonids for
storms, Perseids for annual "high-level" shower, now we also have June
Bootids for "medium-level" shower.

JBO came at the right time: it is again a very exiciting story!

Once again thank you very much to all of you!

Jeremie Vaubaillon

--
* Jeremie VAUBAILLON
* Institut de Mecanique Celeste et de Calcul