(meteorobs) Vesta and Meteorite Presentations Online

Wayne Watson sierra_mtnview at earthlink.net
Wed May 19 20:57:20 EDT 2004

I had the good fortune of being at the British Museum of Natural History several
weeks ago when a web presentation on the asteroid Vesta was given. It's on the web
now, and may be found at <http://213.249.189.196/250404EtaMulanelo.mov>.   Very
interesting stuff. (The link is also
given as <http://www.nhm.ac.uk/darwincentre/live/presentations/250404EtaMulane.html>.

It took awhile for them to get this material on the web, because the software fellow
was on vacation during that time. They also had a bit of a delay in getting some of
the graphics up, but I think they're are there now. The graphics look complete to me.

If you go to <http://www.nhm.ac.uk/darwincentre/live/archivelist.html>, you'll find a
complete listing of their past, all archived, and future presentations. I believe
there are a few more on astronomical subjects (meteorites, alien life, ...). Two days
after this web live broadcast the one on meteorites was broadcast. This is a very
worthwhile web site, so checking back to it every one in awhile is probably a good
idea. The Darwin Centre portion of the museum is responsbile for the live video
presentations.
--
       Wayne T. Watson (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N, 2,701 feet, Nevada City, CA)
                      -- GMT-8 hr std. time, RJ Rcvr 39° 8' 0" N,  121° 1' 0" W

             Your mother was right. Wear your hat and sunglasses in the summer sun.
             This is especially true if you're older. -- NYT Science Section, May 2004

                         Web Page: <home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews>
                         sierra_mtnview -at- earthlink -dot- net
            Imaginarium Museum: <home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews/imaginarium.html>