(meteorobs) Perseid outburst prediction this year? [from IMO-News: WGN 32:2 inpress]

Lyytinen Esko Esko.Lyytinen at MINEDU.FI
Thu May 27 03:25:22 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I am in a little hurry in my work now. I just submitted on another
subject to meteorobs.
I may write more on the Perseids later, as needed. You can now find our
most update brief data at:
http://www.metaresearch.org/solar%20system/perseid/perseids.asp

There is first the old annuouncement from the year 2000. Look below this
the new update.

Esko

The latest issue of WGN (the newsletter of IMO - the International
Meteor Organization) is out, and among other interesting-sounding items
in the announcement from editor Chris Trayner, I noticed the following:

 Perseid one-revolution outburst in 2004
   Esko Lyytinen and Tom Van Flandern

 The scatter of orbital semimajor axes from a Perseid stream model
   Kondrat'eva E.D. and Ishmukhametova M.G.

Esko is among our readers, as are several other well- informed pros and
amateur meteor scientists. So I was impelled to ask - what ARE the
latest predictions for a Perseid outburst this year?

Clear skies all!

Lew Gramer, fresh back from the West Texas desert