(meteorobs) Re: 2004 June Bootids

Sergey Shanov shanov-2004 at yandex.ru
Sat May 29 23:30:07 EDT 2004

> Is the possible enhancement on June 23 to be of a similar behaviour to
> the 1998 outburst event?
>
> Also, from the simulation, is it possible yet to derive a theoretical
> ZHR?
>
> Thanks again.  This is fascinating.
>
> - Pierre

I only Russian amateur astronomy. And I diligently study modelling from
works Esko Lyytinen and others, and on the Russian researches. As far as I
know, approximate theoretical ZHR it is possible to receive only for a
special case (with Leonids). "Simply" modelling show, that conditions for
2004 June Bootids much less favorable, on matching with 1998. And for 2004
the probable maximas are retrieved only. In similar cases it is necessary
additional "A2-modeling", which does Esko Lyytinen. A case 2004 June Bootids
much more composite, as contrasted to Perseids 1 rev, for example. And we
should not require from Esko Lyytinen to model all possible. In any case,
the activity June Bootids will be lower, than Perseids. But it will be the
first prediction June Bootids on the future time. Detailed modelling and the
observations of a case June Bootids essentially dilate our knowledge about
old meteoroids, including in a resonance with Jupiter.
Sergey