(meteorobs) Re: 2004 June Bootids

Skywayinc at aol.com Skywayinc at aol.com
Sun May 30 20:11:56 EDT 2004

In a message dated 5/30/04 3:18:02 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
dob14.5 at sympatico.ca writes:

<< Thank you Sergey.  It will definitely be worth watching this year to
 see what happens with 2004 June Bootids. >>

My feelings are nothing will be seen this year.  I would side with David
Asher who, in the July 2004 issue of S&T (page 79) is quoted as saying:

"To be honest, I think the evidence (to favor another June Bootid outburst)
in 2004 is rather weak.  After all, the same argument would have presumably
also applied to 1992 and 1986 (when no significant activity was seen).  Overall,
I can go along with saying that enhanced rates are possible, but only because
the word 'possible' allows it for not happening!"

-- joe rao