(meteorobs) Re: 2004 June Bootids

Sergey Shanov shanov-2004 at yandex.ru
Mon May 31 07:06:29 EDT 2004

Hello Rob,

My note treated not to contest of merits of the professional astronomers. It
was addressed only to the amateurs of astronomy to show, that the case 2004
June Bootids is more interesting, than farce. For the time Reznikov
precisely enough has given outcomes for cases Leonids (1833, 1866, 1999,
2001-2002), Draconids (1926, 1933, 1946, 1952, 1998, 2012), Andromedids
(1872, 1885), June Bootids (1916). It even that in that time of possibility
of evaluations were poor. Essentially(in essence), our program is similar
Reznikov. And our outcomes (Shanov-Dubrovsky) 2004 June Bootids do not
contradict other models. It is very a shame, but the researches Reznikov,
though were published, were poorly appreciable even in Russia. As outcome, a
little who knew about Draconids 1998. In simulation Reznikov there are no
estimates(estimations) ZHR, however it is visible, when happens meteoric
storm, and when such possibility is not present, or it is poorly probable.

> Even if nothing is seen, this is a useful result to
> modify the variant models.

I would tell on the contrary. If June Bootids will appear, it is necessary
to modify the variant models. Or more safely to parse trails.
Sergey