(meteorobs) Bedout Ejecta Impacts Images

Ken Davis kendavistoo at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 11 11:15:46 EST 2004

Bob,

Yes, the stripes in the Toyah impact field could be
due to ancient agriculture.  They also could be a
result of the farming boom/bust which occurred in the
1950's.  Also, they could be due to brush clearing
efforts by the local ranchers.  The only way to
definitively determine their origin is for qualified
experts to go on the ground for a thorough study.

I personally have not visited the stripes, but I have
been to the impact cluster 8 miles due west of Toyah:

http://www.terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?t=1&s=13&x=376&y=2165&z=13&w=1

It is hard to discern any features on the ground, and
to me the impacts looked like a surface of gnarlly
caliche.

A file of the impact locations and descriptions is
located in the "Files" section of the meteorobs group
located in Yahoo Groups.  I am working on a new file
which directly links each entry to the proper
terraserver.microsoft url.