(meteorobs) Quick Report from California on 11/17 Leonid activity

Robert Lunsford lunro.imo.usa at cox.net
Wed Nov 17 18:01:13 EST 2004

I was out this morning for three hours. The sky was adequate despite
occasional cirrus until 4:00 PST. After that the LM dropped to near +4.00
due to thick cirrus. In the 2.5 hours 1:30-4:00am PST of decent skies I
recorded 10 Leonids, 3 Taurids, 2 AMO's and 18 sporadic meteors. 8 of the 10
Leonids occurred between 3:00 and 4:00am PST. The first few Leonids were
very bright peaking at -6. A more complete report will follow after some
much needed sleep.

While it has been overcast for the past 12 hours the satellite picture of
our area appears promising for tonight with most of the high clouds moving
out of the area.

More Later!

Bob Lunsford