(meteorobs) Binocular meteors

Swift, Wesley Wesley.R.Swift at msfc.nasa.gov
Mon Nov 29 11:01:17 EST 2004

Binoc Folks,

	Just a note to remind folks that intensified video observers record
similar limiting magnitude (8th mag) meteors as binocular observers and tend
to be more numerous.

	Low earth objects and debris will be slow compared to meteors and
tend to orbit in planes that include the launch site at the time of launch.
They are also pro-grade and will come from the West: NW for decending node
SW for ascending node.   Check out http://satobs.org/satintro.html for more
info.  Some folks put a lot of thought into this.

Wes

        Wesley R. Swift, Jr
     Raytheon ITSS / Sverdrup MSFC Group
     Marshall Space Flight Center