(meteorobs) Orionids Oct. 20/21 from Oregon

Wesley Stone wes_stone at lycos.com
Thu Oct 21 13:35:17 EDT 2004

Oregon has been under the weather all week; clearing skies overnight just meant that fog replaced clouds.  I got a bit of helpful breeze to achieve almost an hour of Teff with a couple of short interruptions.  Orionid activity seemed about normal; during the watch, activity was faint.  I did note some brighter meteors (including a -3 ORI) through the fog/clouds during casual viewing after the sky conditions prevented counting.

Observer: Wesley Stone (STOWE)
Location: Chiloquin, OR (42d 35m N, 121d 52m W)
Method: Counting: Watch/Tape recorder
Date: 2004 October 20/21

Interval UT   Teff     F     LM    Tau*   ORI   EGE   Spo**
0958-1106     0.95    1.05   6.7    2      18     1    11

*NTA and STA radiants were combined as Tau

**Spo includes 2 Northern Apex meteors.

Magnitude Distribution:

      0    1    2    3    4    5    Total (Mean)
Tau   -    -    -    2    -    -      2    (3.0)
ORI   -    2    1    5    9    1     18    (3.3)
EGE   -    -    -    1    -    -      1    (3.0)
Spo   1    -    2    6    1    1     11    (2.6)

--
Wes Stone
Chiloquin, OR