(meteorobs) The World Series Eclipse (and the weather prospects)

Skywayinc at aol.com Skywayinc at aol.com
Fri Oct 22 10:48:02 EDT 2004

Well . . . they have always said that in order for the Boston Red Sox to
finally win the World Series, that " . . . the worlds must align in a certain
way."  Perhaps this indeed will be the year.  Read my online article on SPACE.com
at:

http://www.space.com/spacewatch/041022_eclipse_series.html

So . . . the Moon will turn RED during Game 4 . . . maybe New Englanders will
take this to be a sign that they're about to experience nirvana.

But then again . . . they're also playing the "Red Birds" aren't they?

WEATHER PROSPECTS . . . A FIRST LOOK:

A large high pressure system ridging down the Eastern Seaboard from central
Quebec province could provide easterners with good visibility.  However, I am a
little concerned about a very intense storm that is progged to be a few
hundred miles southeast of Nova Scotia.  That system could backlash parts of the
Northeast US with cloudiness as well as a strong and gusty northwest wind.

The central and western states are going to be very unsettled; an abnormally
strong upper-level low pressure system will be swinging into the southwestern
states, likely causing widespread cloud cover and precipitation for many
localities.  It would seem that (at least right now) for eclipse watchers, the
place to be will be east of the Mississippi.

-- joe rao