(meteorobs) Question on Meteor showers

Kim Hay kimhay at kingston.net
Sat Oct 23 08:01:09 EDT 2004

Good Morning,

Last night we were out observing (the moon)  with some friends and
knowing the Orionid meter shower was on, we were hoping to see a few.

We had confirmed on as it came from a SE to NW direction across the
sky and with a very long train, mag 2 .  However, as we watched the
sky looking east, between the Pleides and Auriga, I saw 4 very short
white fast meteors going from south to north.  I do not believe these
were Orionids, as the draw back was not correct.  Others too saw
meteors in this area.

We are trying to determine what they might be, any help would be
great.

We saw these around 10:40 pm edt or 2: 40 UT

Kim Hay
Starlight Cascade Observatory
44.3775N   76.7633W  144m
http://www.members.kingston.net/~kimhay