(meteorobs) Re: Question on Meteor showers

Robert Lunsford lunro.imo.usa at cox.net
Sun Oct 24 13:00:54 EDT 2004

Hi Kim and All,

I just returned from a successful Orionid expedition in the Mojave Desert
and noticed no one answered your question. At the time you mentioned in your
post, the Orionid radiant was still below the horizon so your interpretation
that these were not Orionids is correct. It is possible that these meteors
could belong to the anthelion radiant, which is currently located in eastern
Aries. Most observers know these as the north and south Taurids. This
radiant is usually the second most productive radiant this time of year,
only being out performed by the Orionids.

I hope this helps!

Bob Lunsford