(meteorobs) Splitting meteors -- new question

Pavol Habuda bzucino at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 2 09:12:58 EDT 2004

Hi.

I have another question. It seems like meteor splitted-up in two.
Another explanation is that we saw two different meteors in two
different places in atmosphere, which are (by chance) projected
to one. So

1. did anyone saw meteor broken to two parts, where one part flew
in unchanged way and second flew in more than 90 degrees from
original path? (it is almost impossible to meteor to decay (die)
this way, if both meteors have similar magnitudes)

2. and did anyone saw any two meteors, which were crossed the same
part of the sky at the same time (it mean at THE SAME time,
not almost the same time) how they crossed together or
did anyone saw two meteors coupling to one?

If there is lack of this type of events it means either meteors
are splitting-up or human eye prefer to see two objects going
the same path better like objects going opposite.

Pavol Habuda