(meteorobs) Perseid Observing & Meteorite

George Gliba gliba at milkyway.gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Sep 9 13:16:50 EDT 2004

   There is a good picture on the web that I thought some meteorobs folks may
be interested in of myself and Ian Cooper of the Chagrin Valley Astronomical
Society in Ohio at the Mahoning Valley Cortese Observatory OTAA Convention on
August 14/15 looking at a nice NWA oriented meteorite. Later, I observed some
late Perseids from behind and to the right of the dome which houses their 16"
Cass. telescope (to the far right in the pic.) This is the site, where in 1967
I saw my best Perseids (103 the last hour before dawn).  BTW,  longtime AMS
members Chris Stephan and Richard Taibi once belonged to this club in the late
70's. Oh, I am the one to the left (with the beer gut) holding the meteorite,
which I had recently bought.

http://www.chagrinvalleyastronomy.org/22.jpg

Clear Skies,
GWG