(meteorobs) delta-Aurigid fireballs

Mikhail Maslov ast0 at mail.ru
Sun Sep 19 01:28:02 EDT 2004

The last night, 18/19 September I and several of my friends were observing
deep-sky objects. Conditions were very good with lm=6.3. I noted
unusually high activity of delta-Aurigids. Even without special
observing we constantly saw delta-Aurigid meteors in each 3-4 minutes.
Many of them were very bright, lots of negative magnitudes. Three
meteors had -3,-6 and -11 mag. The last meteor was distinctly green,
it lightened out place just as a full moon, only with greenish light,
and left the train for 7 second. Many other delta-Aurigids left
trains, and their activity was certainly surpassing 2-3 meteors per
hours, usual at this period.