(meteorobs) Fireball over UK Sept 24th

television at mail.force9.net television at mail.force9.net
Sun Sep 26 06:25:49 EDT 2004

I've been sent a message from a researcher at the Open University
requesting information on a possible fireball over the UK on the morning of
Sept 24th at around 0630 (if BST or GMT not known). Below is his message:

"I am a meteorite researcher at the Open University, Milton Keynes. We have
received a lot of reports concerning a meteor fireball over England
yesterday at 6.30am. The fireball appears to have been moving in a south
easterly direction. We have had several reports suggesting that it may have
broken up somewhere over Southern England (Oxfordshiere/Berkshire). I was
wondering whether anyone in the radio meteor community detected anything
related to this fireball. We are interested in seeing whether any pieces
could be recovered. Any help you can give would be much appreciated.

Very best wishes

Richard Greenwood"

Unfortuantely my own Radio Obs system is offline at the moment, but if
anyone has any reports or observations please reply to this email in the
meteorobs list, or send them direct to me (Andy Smith) via this spam-proof
email link: http://tinyurl.com/29nhd. I will forward any reports to Richard.

Andy Smith
G7IZU Radio Reflection Detection Page
http://tinyurl.com/w6pv