(meteorobs) Meteor Obs. 4/10/05. WVa

George Gliba gliba at milkyway.gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon Apr 11 11:22:37 EDT 2005

                 Screech Owl Hill Observatory, Mountain Meadows
                        West Virginia 385710N 0785544W
                                April 09/10, 2005

   We had a good clear night last Saturday/Sunday and did some observing.
We saw many deep sky objects, and comet Machholz Q2. I also got in two hours
of meteor observing, and saw some good Antihelion activity from the Virginid
complex. A radiant (CBE) at 180 deg.+20 (seen by me on April 5/6, 2003) was
suspected again based on three very slow meteors, which brings to 6 the meteors
seen from this possible radiant in three hours Teff. This location is about
halfway between the star Denebola and Coma Berenices. Below is a short list of
what meteors were observed.

Time (UT)  LM  %Obst. CBE  VIR  SPO  Total   FOV      Comments
4:00-5:00  6.4   0%    2    3    5    9    15.5+28      clear
5:00-6:00  6.3   0%    1    2    7   10    16.8+28   slight haze

Magnitude Distributions (4:00-6:00 UT)
    -1  0  1  2  3  4  5  Total Ave.
CBE  0  0  0  0  1  1  1    3   4.0
VIR  0  1  1  0  3  0  0    5   2.0