(meteorobs) literature and web pages

Robert Warren cometman_75 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 14 10:43:15 EDT 2005

Izidor,

Sir,  You stated in your message that you are trying to find any
information, in the form of books, or websites that pertain to meteors.  If
I may make the recommendation, first go to any good search engine such as
Yahoo, or Google.  Then type in any of the following.

American Meteor Society, (AMS),
International Meteor Organization, (IMO),
North American Meteor Network, (NAMN).

All three websites have a wide range of information, for both the novice as
well as the experienced.  Some of that material consists of online booklets
or pamphlets, newsletters, charts, information about various meteor showers
throughout the year, as well as observing techniques, and points of contact
for additional information or questions.

You can also just surf the net by typing in Meteors.

If you are also after purchasing your own books, you can search through such
sites as Alibris, ABEBooks, Powell's, Amazon, The Strand, and many others.
When on the search engine, just type in Used book stores, and up will come
several hundreds if not thousands of websites.

I am not listing the actual web addresses because sometimes they change,
without notice, and sometimes without linkage to the new address.  You can
also search the NASA Astrophysical Data System (NASA ADS) website, which
consists of online PDF files of over a thousand publications dating back to
the early 1800's.  They include the Monthly Notices of the Royal
Astronomical Society, the Journal of the Royal Astronomical Society of
Canada, Astronomical Journal, Astrophysical Journal, some back issues of WGN
the publication of the IMO, the Minor Planet Bulletin, all issues of the
Meteoritics / Meteoritics and Planetary Science (MAPS), etc., etc..  You can
spend the rest of your lifetime going through the material on the NASA ADS
website.

Well, I hope that this will help you get started in your search for
information.  Good luck.

Bob Warren,
cometman_75 at hotmail.com