(meteorobs) Fireballs on Spain and south of France

trigo trigo at uji.es
Wed Apr 13 15:04:27 EDT 2005

Quoting Karl Antier <kantier at wanadoo.fr>:

> Hello all meteor observers !
>
> I'm looking for people who would have witness two dramatic events in the
> last two months over the Vosges ( eastern France ).Those nice fireballs
> appeared on February 18th and March 25th. So if you observed it, or if
> you know someone who had seen one of them, could you contact me ? Thanks
> in advance.
> And it seems that there has been another one that occured above northern
> Spain yesterday, for information.

  Dear Karl,

  Unfortunately, no reports are available from Spain of these two French
fireballs. In any case, we had one daylight event on March 1, 2005 and
currently we are receiving a lot of reports about the April 13, 2005 fireball
event appeared this morning at ~5h09m UTC. This huge fireball has been observed
from the South of France and we would be glad to receive additional reports from
there.

  A list of the fireballs detected by our network is posted on:
http://www.spmn.uji.es/ESP/SPMNlist.html

  Preliminary data on the fireball event of today is:
http://www.spmn.uji.es/ESP/noveda52.html

   Unfortunately at this point both homepages are only available
in Spanish, but we hope that the basic information will be understood.

   Best wishes,

 Dr. Josep M. Trigo-Rodríguez
 SPANISH FIREBALL NETWORK /
 University of California (UCLA),