(meteorobs) Lyrid reminder

meteorsga at bellsouth.net meteorsga at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 21 14:24:36 EDT 2005

Just a reminder:  I thought I'd re-post Mikhail's comments from earlier this year... Kim Y.
Hello, all

I think, despite the Moon, some special attention is needed to the
Lyrids this year. From Esko Lyytinen's calculation 1 rev. trail in
April 2005 should be at 0.0017 AU from Earth. It is fairly close,
also, there is a possibitity of older trails encounters (not computed
by Esko). In SOME past similar cases Lyrids gave outbursts with
ZHRs up to 100, why not this year? There no garanteees, of course,
also the Moon will disturb greatly, but any somewhat significant
enhancement should be seen even in these unfavorable conditions.

Best regards, Mikhail Maslov