(meteorobs) Re: Brilliant Meteor over the Greater NY Area . . .

Robert Lunsford lunro.imo.usa at cox.net
Mon Apr 25 14:19:45 EDT 2005

The AMS has so far received 16 reports of this brilliant object. It was seen
as far north as southern Maine and as far south as Pennsylvania. The most
often quoted color is green and the duration is reported as short on most
reports. From what I can tell it does not appear to line up with any active
radiant and could be a purely random occurrence. The updated AMS fireball
table may be viewed at:
http://www.amsmeteors.org/fireball/fireball_log.html

Clear Skies!

Robert Lunsford