(meteorobs) Sunday evening fireball

Richard Kramer kramer at sria.com
Wed Apr 27 02:21:29 EDT 2005

At 11:19 AM 4/25/05 -0400, you wrote:
>This reminds me of another similarly bright fireball that swept across the
>Greater New York Skies almost exactly 39 years ago (April 25,
>1966).  Amazingly,
>that object too became visible around the same time ~ 7:30 in the evening.

If this object was travelling East to West and was also visible in Boston,
I saw the persistent trail of green smoke that was hanging in the sky for a
half hour or more. My friend saw the fireball itself go by (I was,
unfortunately, inside getting a drink of water at that moment). Somehow my
recollection is that it occurred on a hot day in July 1964 or 1965. But it
could have been a hot day in April 1966.