(meteorobs) Canadian meteor report

Ed Majden epmajden at shaw.ca
Wed Apr 27 10:39:25 EDT 2005

on 4/27/05 0:03, David Entwistle at david.entwistle at dial.pipex.com wrote:

> In message <20050427035405.82298.qmail at web51708.mail.yahoo.com>, Robert
> Verish <

> There's another news report of a separate Canadian meteor event from the
> Kamloops area of British Columbia, from Monday. Little detail.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/7v4dp

    Dr. Brett Gladman at UBC and our Provinces rep to MIAC sent me this
email:

Hi Ed,

  I am receiving fireball reports in the morning hours, regarding
a roughly 6:45 AM Pacific time/April 26 fireball that would
appear to have been somewhere between Vancouver and Kamloops
this morning. Probably closer to Kamloops.  I have a report
from Vancouver.
  Any chance of data from Sandia?

--
Brett Gladman                  \       Dept. of Physics and Astronomy
Associate Professor, CRC Chair  \      University of British Columbia

    It was not recorded by my Sandia all-sky an Vancouver Island. Possibly
too low and too far away.  Craig Breckenridge of the RASC Vancouver Centre
believes he has some digital images of a vapor trail or dust trail and I am
anxiously waiting to see these.  He did not see the actual fireball.  If
there are more observers of this event, please send them to me.
Thanks.

Ed Majden
West Coast Sandia Bolide Detection Station
Courtenay B.C. CANADA

http://members.shaw.ca/epmajden/index.htm