(meteorobs) 2005 Lyrid Outburst -- real or imagined

Paulo Heleno meteoros at sapo.pt
Wed Apr 27 18:32:44 EDT 2005

meteorsga at bellsouth.net wrote:

>Reports of Lyrid rates (Sunday night(?)) at 60 - 70 per/hour, but sources not given, at the WTNH.com website:
>
>http://www.wtnh.com/Global/story.asp?S=3256304&nav=3YeXZ4C2
>

>What to make of it, I couldn't guess, but it couldn't hurt to find out where such reports came from.
>I'm at work right  and don't have time to track any of this down.  Probably just hysteria.
>
>Kim Y.

Hello Kim:

I'm reading, at this moment, the article.
I think the 60-70 meteors/hour could be related to radio observation.
The source for the article refers to radio observation, and honestly, I
do not recall seeing visual observations report rates of that magnitude

Paulo Heleno
Ediror "Rastos de Luz"
http://rastosdeluz.blogspot.com