(meteorobs) Observations -- East GA, April 28/29

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Fri Apr 29 17:48:15 EDT 2005

>>... but at 3:05 UT a
bright flash at 7hrs 40   +34, just above Castor, caught my attention -- from
about 45 degrees or  more DCV.  It lasted less than a second and was at -7,
roughly.   I detected no motion and there were no other subsequent flashes.
If was a  fireball, it was a point meteor.  I didn't list it in my report --

having been seen so indirectly there was no way to determine what it  was.<<

I'd be a little suspect thinking that a -7 fireball could be a point  meteor.
A bright meteor might travel a little further than a dimmer meteor  would,
making it less likely to appear as a point meteor....perhaps a very  short
meteor?
George Zay