(meteorobs) Observations -- East GA, April 28/29

John Kuehn jkuehn8 at comcast.net
Sat Apr 30 23:06:33 EDT 2005

Kim, Tony

In case your interested here's a picture of the 'Meteor Priroda' satellite
http://www.astronautix.com/craft/metiroda.htm

Starry Night Pro shows that Meteor Priorada WAS sunlit from Kims
provided Lat. and Long. (32° 49' N 82° 10' W) before and after the 23:05
time of the flash generating a mag 5.32 ,non flash, illumination at
those coordinates.
With an elevation of 38 degrees and an almost due west azimuth.
The sun was at a -32 degree elevation at the same time having set also
in the west.
Starry night may be in error, nut, I generally haven't found that to be
the case.

John Kuehn