(meteorobs) Fw: Sighting

Mark Davis meteors at comcast.net
Tue Aug 2 07:42:49 EDT 2005

----------------------  Forwarded Message:  ---------------------
To:      <namn at namnmeteors.org>
Subject: Sighting
Date:    Tue, 2 Aug 2005 02:02:34 +0000

Hello...at approximately 9:11 pm on August 1st, I spotted a
very unusual shooting star.  A few people and I were sitting outside only
one other person and my self saw it.

The evening sky was overcast and very humid suddenly I saw a fairly large
ball of light shooting horizontally. It was the largest thing that I have
ever seen - not a tiny shooting star that you see on a clear night.
There was a large plume of light that followed it like a rocket.
We are located approximately 1 hour east of Toronto just north of Lake
Ontario - it was travelling north in the east sky and to my eye it was very
close to the earth - not much higher than a small single engine plane would
fly.