(meteorobs) Meteor Observation Tracking Tool Beta

Al Degutis al.degutis at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 16:26:55 EDT 2005

Hi All,

I've thrown together an online tracking tool for meteor observations.
It is still a beta version (i.e. still could have bugs). It is based
on the basic meteor observing form of the AMS. It saves the
observation data to an online database for future lookups. Currently,
you can add and view observations. I still need to add things such as
editing observations, the option to e-mail the observation report (for
example to this list), create a PDF for better printing, a more
complete summary section, add numerous reports, exporting the data,
etc. Feature suggestions are welcome.

The goal of the tool is to provide an online resource where I (and
others) can easily record and track their observations over time (e.g.
how many hours did I spend observing meteors last year, how many
Perseids have I seen this year or last year or in all of my
observations, etc).

I invite you to give it a look and enter some observations (real or
make believe). If you enter test or dummy information please note that
in the Comments section so I can delete the test data later. I'd also
appreciate feedback and bug reports since this is something I threw
together in a week, so I'm sure there's some issues to fix and ways I
can improve it.

Meteor Observation Tracking Tool:
http://skyinsight.net/meteorobs/

Clear dark skies,