(meteorobs) Meteor Observation Tracking Tool Beta

Rainer Arlt rarlt at aip.de
Sat Aug 6 16:37:00 EDT 2005

> Gac> I'm probably missing it somewhere, but I don't see what you're trying to do
> Gac> that IMO hasn't already done. I haven't looked at any of IMO's archived books
> Gac> or  perhaps discs now in several years, but I bet they are still listing all
> Gac> the  info that's being mentioned by individuals. I get the impression that you
> Gac> are  trying to re-invent the wheel.
> Gac> GeoZay
>
> Vehicles usually need more than a single wheel for normal movement.
> I know about IMO archives. They are available on IMO site, and the
> latest file is for year 2001. I understand the difficulties of
> entering data into IMO base, especially large amounts of observations
> of recent Leonid storms. So IMO files are perhaps the "final edition"
> of what observers of the world have seen in the previous years. Al's base
> would be more operational. So let's see to what results it will come and
> how much observers will get interested in it.

We are currently setting up a new website for the IMO.
I have updated the new page with newer files. Later
this month you will be able to access the site. Then
I will update the pages of the Visual Meteor Database
(VMDB) in a semi-automatic way to make it more useful.
The database contains 3,000,000 meteors.

Best wishes,
Rainer

--
Rainer Arlt  --  Astrophysikalisches Institut Potsdam -- www.aip.de