(meteorobs) Slightly OT- ISS, Shuttle, Meteors

Al Degutis al.degutis at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 11:49:51 EDT 2005

On 8/7/05, GLDSKTR at aol.com <GLDSKTR at aol.com> wrote:
> I hope everyone had clear skies to see the Shuttle chasing the ISS this
> morning. They were both very bright, and passed almost overhead. In the time it
> took for them to pass, I saw 1 Perseid, and 2 dimmer sporadics, which was only
> a  few minutes.

I had hoped to capture a picture of the IIS and Shuttle pass.
Unfortunately not this time. it was too low on the horizon (10
degrees) at my latitude (42 N), plus I just went to bed an hour before
after have only 5 hours of sleep in the last 48 hours thanks to 6
hours of telescopic observing and 3 hours of meteor observation in
that period.

Clear dark skies,
Al Degutis