(meteorobs) Size of radiants.

Mikhail Maslov ast0 at mail.ru
Sun Aug 7 23:23:28 EDT 2005

Size of radiant varies for different showers. Diffused showers, mainly
ecliptic ones, have large radiants, up to 10° or 15°. These are such
showers as Virginids, Taurids etc. On other hand, compact, not perturbed
showers have very tight radiants, about 3° in diameter. Very good
example are Lyrids. Also, showers can change their radiant size through the
period of activity.

Best regards, Mikhail