(meteorobs) Some Perseids from Central Virginia

FELIX A MARTINEZ suejam1 at juno.com
Thu Aug 11 21:31:57 EDT 2005

Was out last night (this morning) in our backyard between 0340 and 0610
UT and saw 17 meteors with some impressive Perseid meteors.  Then the fog
moved in and engulfed me around 0615 UT.  By then even the "summer
triangle" was difficult to see.

 Looking better for tonight and tomorrow night as we will head over as a
Family to Our Friend's (and Children's "nanny") place in a little more
rural area about 10 minutes to WSW. Plan is to observe between 0310 and
0910 UT on both these big nights.  Hope that many of You get an
opportunity to do some Perseid observing the tonight and the next few
nights!!

                In Astronomical Affinity - Felix