(meteorobs) Perseids at EMO

Ed Majden epmajden at shaw.ca
Thu Aug 11 23:49:01 EDT 2005

    Well, it's cleared for the Perseids at EMO in Courtenay, B.C. CANADA
Only problem is my roofer phoned this afternoon and he will be over bright
and early, 7 a.m. to do a much needed roof job on my house.  It's a toss up
on how long I will stay up tonight and try and get a few spectra.  With them
banging around on my roof all day I won't get any sleep.  I want to set up
again on Friday night Saturday morning.  I will have three 2-1/4 inch roll
film camera spectrographs in action.  One with a 750 l/mm Learning
Technologies thin film holographic grating on my Bronica F-2.8 - 75mm lens ,
and a 300 g/mm Optometric LLC grating on a Hasselblad F-2.8 - 80mm lens.  I
hope to capture a spectrum of the same meteor so dispersion characteristics
with both gratings can be compared. These units will operate with a chopping
shutter.  The third spectrograph is another Hasselblad fitted with a 600
g/mm precision blazed B&L grating with no chopping shutter, F-2.8 - 80mm
lens.  I need the cooperation from the folks that live around me by keeping
un-necessary lights turned off!  Wish me luck guys! ;-)

Ed Majden  B.C. - Fireball Network Coordinator
West Coast Sandia Bolide Detection Station
Courtenay B.C. CANADA

http://members.shaw.ca/epmajden/index.htm