(meteorobs) Perseid report -- get this!

Michael Boschat aa063 at chebucto.ns.ca
Fri Aug 12 09:36:20 EDT 2005

Hi:

 You all would have to been there for it!!!
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

 I saw 4 Perseids one was -6 blue-white and left a 5-7 sec smoke
trail..did not get it on film. It became so foggy that the camera
and stuff becamme wet and the frikin misquotes!

Mike
==============

Here is the report from a fellow member:

 I just got in from SCO. Left at 3am. A number of others were out but left
because the fog was bad. As luck would have it, it cleared perfectly around
1:45am and Johnny Mac and myself were treated to dozens of meteors.

Funniest event of the night was when Mike Boschat was out and was taking tripod
mounted camera shots of Pegasus great square area hoping for a meteor to streak
through. The shutter was open about 5-8 minutes and Mike came over and said,
"You watch...as soon as I end this exposure a meteor will go through there." No
sooner did Mike close the shutter. It wasn't even a second after the click and
ZOOOOMMMM!! A  -3 Perseid meteor goes right through the great square. I scared
the wildlife I was laughing so hard. Sorry Mike, I've had the exact same thing
happen to me. It was just so funny because you called it and it happened.
Classic Murphy at work ;)

Darren