(meteorobs) Question for the Experts

Bill Godley wwgj180 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 12 14:29:42 EDT 2005

As David Stine already reported, conditions were good
in Eastern Oklahoma last night, and the show did not
disappoint.  I won't have a final count until I can
listen to the tape tonight (before heading back out to
hopefully bag more meteors).

It did seem to me that my SPO count was rather low.  I
guess it is likely that I mis-classified a few.

My question is: Which do you think (or does the
historic data indicate) is more likely during a PER,
GEM or similar shower peak - incorrectly identifying a
SPO as a shower member or a shower member as a SPO?
Assume an reasonably knowledgeable observer doing
their best to be accurate.

I think I know the answer, but would appreciate your
input.

Bill Godley