(meteorobs) Perseids

Ed Majden epmajden at shaw.ca
Fri Aug 12 21:29:40 EDT 2005

Hi John:
    I reviewed the Sandia tape while my roofers were banging around on the
roof.  Couldn't sleep with all the racket anyway.  Glad that is finally
done!
    Ever watch paint dry, just like reviewing this mornings tape!  I was
beginning to think someone painted the convex black because of the lack of
detections!  Finally a fireball at 03:14:23 PDT, then another at 03:51:OO!
Very strange that there were none earlier!
A couple of other short but bright detections.  They appear to be out of the
field of view of the spectrographs but I am not giving up hope yet.  A
grating can pick up part of a higher order spectrum well off axis if it is
bright enough.  We can always hope, until we see what we get when you
develop the films.  Drop by  when you get time and I will give them to you.
    It looks like scattered cloud tonight so I may get some sleep yet!
Ed