(meteorobs) Perseids: S. Carolina

Mark Davis meteors at comcast.net
Sat Aug 13 10:44:11 EDT 2005

This morning (8/13)I began observing at 0115 local time and was completely
clouded by the end of the first hour. During the early part of the period I
recorded 6 Perseids and 1 sporadic. The last 35 minutes provided no action.

During the morning of August 12 I observed for 1.72 hours, but had cloud
coverage in the range of 25-35 percent. Average limiting magnitude for the
period was 5.18, but I suffered from poor, hazy conditions which is typical
for this time of year along the coast. Final count was 1 KCG, 17 PER, 4
SPO).

We are having rain/thunderstorms at the moment - with no improvement
forecast, so my observing run (what little it has been) is over. I plan to
catch up on some sleep and hope to begin publishing reports later tonight.
As normal, a major shower peak results in an influx of new NAMN members. For
those of you that have emailed me, I'll process those requests once I get
the meteor reports done.

Clear skies!

Mark Davis
South Carolina