(meteorobs) perseids over southern France

Michel Vandeputte michelvandeputte at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 16 03:04:43 EDT 2005

Hi,

I just returned home from my Perseid campagn in Southern France !
I observed 5 nights around the main maximum between 10-11 august and 14-15 august. Observing conditions were great with clear skies (up to LM 7) thanks to the local mistral wind and the high pressure system over there.

I've got many data to write out, witch will take a couple of days because I got to go to work right now..

The 2005 Perseid display was great, but not so astonishing as the 11-12 August from last year. Any way, activity was high and some bright fireballs were seen !

Especially  during the night of 12-13 august there was an extremely bright Perseid fireball around 1 UT (still got to listen to my tapes). Night became day for a second ! So this must be a fireball in the order from -12 / -15 at least !!! Does someone on this list , who is living in France or observed from France, saw this monster fireball also ?

Kind regards,

Michel

PS : also more reports in progress from 2-3/8, 3-4/8, 7-8/8.