(meteorobs) meteor showers

gilles leblanc gilllebla at videotron.ca
Mon Aug 8 00:21:06 EDT 2005

I understand that the speed at wich the earth goes throught
the debris left by a comet explains the phenomena that we
call meteor showers.
My question: thoses debris are they standing still, or are they
                     moving at the speed of the comet that "dropped"
                     those debris.
                     If so, at what speed and in  what direction are
                     they moving in relation to earth?

                                              I thank you for your time,

                                                       Gilles leBlanc
                                                       Montreal, Canada